Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy(CHBT)
The goal of the Basic Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy programme is to train and educate youths and adults in hairdressing and beauty therapy in order to improve the quality and competitiveness of the workforce in the hair and beauty industry. The programme comprises of twelve (12) modules to be covered in one (1) academic year. The curriculum adopts the competence-based concept of training, with a balance between theoretical and practical approaches in delivering knowledge and skills. It provides a detailed and structured list of concrete content–related learning outcomes and specifies the extent to which a competence should be acquired.
Specifically, the programme aims to do the following:
- Develop quality skills in hair and skin care
- Develop awareness of students artistic instincts
- Improve the scientific level of student talents
- Develop skills in ICT and business management
- Empower students with competencies to access opportunities within their areas
- Ensure expansion and growth of professionals in hairdressing and beauty therapy career
- Create sensitivity about the hygienic standards and environmental care amongst students
Candidates holding the following qualifications will be eligible for admission into the Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with at least FOUR passes.
- National Vocational Award (NVA) Level 3 in the field of cosmetology, hair and beauty or related field.
The programme is offered in collaboration with VETA and Golden Touch Beauty School who offer the practical courses. It comprises of a total 12 courses that are assigned 12 units (120 credits). The Institute offers the six theoretical courses and the collaborator offer five practical courses. After that students go for field attachment
Basics of Hair Dressing
Basic Skin Care Skills
Basic Nail Care Skills
Introduction to General Science for Hair & Beauty
Professional Image in Hair and Beauty
Basic Business Communication Skills
Introduction to Body Massage Techniques
Basics of Hygiene and Sanitation
Elementary Business Management
Introduction to Cross-cutting Issues
Application of ICT in Salon Management
Theoretical Courses (350,000)
Practical Courses (450,000/-)
Examination Fees (10,000 x 6 subjects)
Students Organization Fees
Student Identity Card
Quality Assurance Fee (remitted to TCU)
Mr. Innocent Messo
This qualification is intended for persons who will apply hair dressing and beauty therapy principles and techniques in running hair and beauty salons.
Assessment will be organized around Continuous Assessment (CA) one Main Timed Test (MTT) which will count 30% of the total marks of the course and a Final Examination (70%).