ORDINARY DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SCIENCE - NTA LEVEL 6
The purpose of this programme is to enable students to have ability to design, develop, test and implement software applications; manage, maintain, and service computer systems; assist in planning and supervision of computer projects and communicate effectively.
Specific Objectives of the
a) Ability to apply principles and practices of software design and development to develop computer programs.
b) Ability to design, develop, test, implement, install, manage, maintain, and tune Databases.
c) Ability to design develops, implement, install, manage, and maintain websites.
d) Ability to design, develop, implement, install, manage, maintain, service and repair networks.
e) Ability to apply communication and supervisory skills to manage computer projects.
f) Ability to apply mathematical skills in modeling and designing computer based systems.
Ordinary Diploma in Computer Science (Course Structure)
|IET 06101||Advanced Website Design||12|
|IET 06102||System Analysis & Design||12|
|IET 6104||Object Oriented Programming||12|
|IET 06105||Database System Design & Administration||12|
|IET 06106||System Administration||12|
|IET 06207||System Modeling||12|
|IET 06203||Network Management||12|
|IET 06209||Research Methodology||12|
|IET 06212||Multimedia Applications||12|
|IET 06213||Cross-cutting Issues in ICT||9|
|IET 06311||Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)||9|
|IET 06308||Project Management||6|
|IET 06310||ICT Security||9|
|IET 06314||Industrial Training||16|
- Local Price: Tsh 900,000/=
- Foreign Price: USD 400
– Upon Successful completion of NTA level 5, a student may continue to NTA Level 6 (Ordinary Diploma in Computer Science).
– Students in this programme will be involved in class sessions as well as industrial training.
– To reach the programme objectives, the whole programme is designed in a more practical oriented.
– Students are encouraged to put into practice all what they learn in order to develop their interest and competencies in problem solving skills, self-reflection and critical thinking.