Dr. Maulid Maulid
about the directorate
The Directorate of Internationalization and Convocation (DICU) was established by the University Council in July 2018. It is under the office of the Vice Chancellor (VC). The new Directorate does not work on its own to accomplish its tasks. It deals with various offices within the University. The Directorate is dealing with foreign admissions at all levels and coordinating other activities such as marketing OUT Programmes outside Tanzania, facilitating examination matters with foreign students, initiating collaborations with local and international institutions just to mention a few. The core functions of the directorate among others are to oversee the University activities carried out internationally. The office is also responsible for maintenance of a positive relationship and a sense of mutual connection between OUT and other sister institutions and strive to increase enrolment of international students and retain the existing ones. Consequently, the Directorate is obliged to ensure that the opportunities emanating from the core activities of the University such as research, consultancy and teaching are effectively exploited. Furthermore, the office is required by the University rolling strategic plan to improve the marketing strategies with our embassies and our sister institutions abroad in order to attract potential applicants as many as possible. The office is also responsible for regular review of the Memorandums of Association (MoU’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) and establish new collaborations locally and abroad.
Directorate Functions and Contact
- The custodian of University Academic MoUs and SLAs
- Initiating new collaborations and following the implementation of the existing ones.
- Solicit scholarships for students and staff to pursue further studies within and outside the country.
- Working on the internationalisation opportunities emerged from Embassies, International platforms and sister institutions abroad.
- Connecting OUT Alumni and increase their number in the existing database.
- Promote and Market OUT programmes within and outside Tanzania.
- Establish Local and international links for practical trainings.
- Oversee the operations of Alumni association.
- Guidance on procedures for proper handling of University MoUs and SLAs.
- Operationalize new local and international strategic linkages with research agencies for collaborative research.
- Convene collaborative meetings between parties.
- Solicit funds for collaborative research with other organizations.
- Coordinate the exchange of Staff and Students for Technical Experience across the globe.
- Contact office for international students.
- Increase admission of international students.
- Coordinate convocation ceremony.
- Coordinate examination sessions with sister institutions and embassies across the world.
- Support international applicants from application to graduation.
- Assist International students with relevant support services.
- Ensure OUT stands in a best position in the Global Visibility.