Dr. Theresia J. Shavega
Dean of Faculty
about the Faculty
As a subset of the Open University of Tanzania, Faculty of Education aimed at developing, promoting and undertaking the provision of continuing lifelong education. Its intention is to develop, and disseminate knowledge and skills required for the enhancement of competencies and efficient solutions of the economic and social problems of our society.
The Faculty is probably the largest at the Open University of Tanzania that offers a range of courses at all levels – certificate, diploma, bachelor, master and doctoral degrees. The Faculty has a structure that has five departments, namely Adult and Distance Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Foundations, Educational Policy and Management, and Psychology and Special Education. In addition, there are units that deal with various functions including the Postgraduate Studies Unit, Undergraduate Studies Unit, Teaching Practice Unit, and Examinations Unit.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education(PGDE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Curriculum Design and Development (PGDCDD)
- Masters of Education(M.Ed)
- Masters of Education in Open Distance Learning (M.Ed. ODL)
- Masters of Education in Curriculum Design and Development (MED CDD)
- Masters of Education in Administration, Planning & Policy Studies M. Ed (APPS)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education (Ph.D)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Technical and Vocational Teacher Educator (PGD TVTE)