Bachelor of Science with Education (B.Sc. Ed)) – Conducted jointly with the Faculty of Education
The Minimum Admission Entry Qualifications for applicants with Form Six, RPL qualifications and Certificate in OUT’s Foundation Programme are as shown below:
- Applicants who completed A-Level studies before 2014
Two principal passes with a total of 4.0 points from Two Science Subjects defining the admission into the respective programme (where A = 5; B = 4; C= 3; D = 2; E = 1, S = 0.5; F = 0).
- Applicants who completed A-Level studies from 2014 onwards
Two principal passes (Two Cs) with a total of 4.0 points from Two Science Subjects defining the admission into the respective programme (where A = 5; B+ = 4; B = 3; C= 2; D = 1; E = 1, S = 0.5; F = 0).
- Applicants with Recognition of Prior Learning qualification
B+ Grade: where A =75-100, B+ = 65-74, B=50-64, C =40, 49, D = 35-39, F = 0-38.
- Applicants with OUT’s Certificate in Foundation Programme
Overall average of at least 50% (B grade) from the 6 courses with passes in at least 2 core subjects.
- Applicants with Diploma qualification the minimum entry qualification is Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or East African Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) or equivalent, with at least 4 passes (D’s and above) or NVA level III with less than 4 passes at CSEE.
A Diploma or FTC with the following specific requirements:
(i) Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) with at least GPA of 3.0;OR
(ii) Full Technician Certificate (FTC) with at least GPA of 3.0 (where A = 5, B = 4,C = 3 and D = 2 points);OR
(iii) Diploma in Teacher Education with an average of ‘C’ grade;OR
(iv) Health related awards such as Clinical Medicine and others with average of ‘B’ grade;OR
(v) Credit class diploma for classified diplomas and certificates in terms of ‘distinctions, credit or pass’ OR
(vi) Lower Second Class diploma for classified non-NTA diplomas;