The Bachelor of Literature Programme aims to provide a basic literature knowledge foundation and training in academic research and creative writing. It also prepares students for careers in academia, the general private sector, or publishing enterprises (or even to establish their own). It will enable students to contribute to research and literary output advancement. Candidate registered for a bachelor of arts in literature programme (BALIT) are carrying out studies by distance mode through coursework, examinations and or independent study in last year of study where a candidate shall prepare a proposal, write research paper and present. Also, The Programme is delivered through Distance and Open Learning using: Learner Support strategies; ICT etc.
The entry qualifications to this programme of the Open University of Tanzania [OUT] are:
- Two principal passes with a total of 4 points in arts subjects, one of which must be English language subject.
- Recognition of Prior Learning Qualification which is B+ grade (where A =75-100, B+ = 65-74, B=50-64, C =40-49, D = 35-39, F = 0-38).
- C) Foundation Certificate with a minimum GPA of 3.0 calculated from the six subjects taught in the programme.
- d) At least four O’-Level passes (Ds and above) or NVA Level III with less than four O’Level passes or equivalent foreign qualifications as established by either NECTA or VETA.
Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) in education, languages, journalism, mass communication, public relations, communication skills, law and tourism with a GPA of 3.
- e) At least four O’-Level passes (Ds and above) or NVA Level III with less than four O’ Level passes or equivalent foreign qualifications as established by either NECTA or VETA.
Ordinary Diploma in education, languages, tourism, journalism, mass communication, public relations, law and communication skills, with average of B.