Certificate in Library and Information Studies(CLIS)
The goal of the Basic Certificate in Library and Information Studies are:
- To train paraprofessionals in the practical skills and competences in Library and Information Studies
- To supply labour market with paraprofessional human resources in Tanzania and beyond
- To provide avenue for professional growth
Candidates holding the following qualifications will be eligible for admission into the Certificate in Library and Information Studies:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with at least FOUR passes.
- National Vocational Award (NVA) Level 3 in the field of library, information studies or related field.
The programme consist of 10 courses that carry 120 credits
Basic Communication Skills
Organization of Library Resources
Basic Computer Applications
Introduction to Record Keeping and Archives Management
Library Routines and Services
Conservation and Preservation of Records and Library Materials
Safety and Security of Library, Records and Archival Materials
Introduction to Cross-cutting Issues
Theoretical Courses (350,000)
Practical Courses (450,000/-)
Examination Fees (10,000 x 6 subjects)
Students Organization Fees
Student Identity Card
Quality Assurance Fee (remitted to TCU)
Mr. Ntimi Kasumo
This qualification is intended for a person who will perform Basic Library activities that includes shelving, recording, registration and maintaining safety and security of information resources.
Assessment will be organized around Continuous Assessment (CA) one Main Timed Test (MTT) which will count 30% of the total marks of the course and a Final Examination (70%).