Master of Science in Biology (M.Sc Biology)
Course Name: Master of Science in Biology (M.Sc Biology)
Course Initials: M.Sc. in Biology
Duration: Minimum 18 months
Mode of Delivery: Blended Mode: Mixed Online Moodle Platform and Face to Face sessions
- Admission to the M.Sc. by thesis degree should be as under the University General Regulations for Higher Degrees
- Each M.Sc. degree programme shall start at the beginning of the academic year and conclude 60 months later. Beyond this limit Senate’s approval is necessary.
Registration for the M.Sc. degree by thesis shall follow the following procedure:
- Register as a provisional student after satisfying the admission requirements for the programme after submitting an acceptable statement of research topic to the Faculty to provisional registration.
- All candidates shall be allocated supervisors appointed by Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty of Science, Technology and Environmental Studies.
- Acquire full registration after submitting within a period of six months a research proposal approved by the Faculty, the Postgraduate Studies Committee and Senate.
- Seek registration within three months after the application for full registration is approved by Senate.
Table 1a: Direct University Costs for Masters by Research/Thesis
NON EAC/SADC (USD)
ID processing fee
Antiplagiarism annual licence fee (Turnitin)
Student organization fee
Quality assurance fee
Thesis supervision fee
Note: Student organization fee and quality assurance fee can be paid annually, $20 each year for EAC/SADC, $40 for non EAC/SADC and Tsh. 20,000/= each year for local students
Table 1b: Other Recommended Direct Student Cost for Masters by Research/Thesis Students
FOREIGN STUDENTS (USD)
Independent study/ research
TOTAL DIRECT STUDENT COST