PROCEDURES FOR CREDIT TRANSFER FOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES 2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
ISSUED JULY 2021
- Credit transfer is a process whereby successful completed course units of study programme contributing towards a degree transferred from one university to the Open University of Tanzania (OUT).
- Before considered for transfer credit to OUT, the student must meet the admission criteria of that particular programme offered by the OUT as approved by OUT Senate.
- Application for credit transfer is done both online and manually as per provided steps below.
- The applicant must apply for admission at the OUT through the OUT Online Application System (OAS) available at out.ac.tz undergraduate window.
- Log in OAS by using application account eg. S0175/0012/2009 password 123456 and follow instructions as indicated in the OAS.
- Write a letter requesting credit transfer to Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic, UFS, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Open University of Tanzania, P. O Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- The letter must clearly state reasons for transfer and accompanied by the followings:-
- Academic transcript from releasing university
- Releasing letter showing reasons for transfer from releasing University.
- Relevant academic certificates and AVN numbers for the Diploma holders used to gain admission at releasing university
- Official receipt of Tshs 80,000/= for local and USD 100 for international students obtained at any nearest OUT regional centre office.
- The letter must be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com.
- The window for credit transfer application 2021-2022 academic year shall commence on 15th July 2021.
- The deadline for submission of credit transfer is 20th September 2021 to allow internal approval processes.
- The feedback on successful applicants shall be announced on 16th December 2021 via student’s contacts and the OUT website undergraduate window.